General Description of the Position’s Function and Purpose:
The incumbent in this position administers all aspects of the accounting associated with the Biomedical Research and Education Foundation of Southern Arizona (BREFSA). The incumbent oversees the fiscal responsibilities tied to the projects within BREFSA. The incumbent prepares and presents financial reports to the Financial Management Committee as well as the Board of Directors. The incumbent in conjunction with the Executive director is responsible for the Human Resource functions of BREFSA.
Duties and Responsibilities Accounting Manager:
- Maintains and reconciles Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables; responsible for all billings and vendor payments
- Enters and reconciles the payroll reports every pay period
- Maintains the General Ledger and Accounting software
- Maintains Monthly Reconciliation of all project accounts including the Administrative Bank Accounts and Investment Accounts
- Oversees financial correspondence to principal investigators, pharmaceutical companies, and CROs
- Prepares annual Federal form 1099s
- Prepares various year end reports and schedules. Assists independent auditors during audits.
- Annually reviews the employee health insurance offerings and obtains updated plans for new calendar year.
- Develops internal procedures for improving the accuracy and quality of accounting and human resource internal controls.
- Develops annual BREFSA Administration budgets.
Knowledge/Skills required of the Accounting Manager:
Account Manager/Finance or a related field with Bookkeeping/Accounting coursework and four years of professional level Bookkeeping/Accounting and human resource experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education as approved by the Executive Director.
- Must have strong computer skills using financial and statistical applications using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Four or more years of AP/AR experience
- Prefer one or more years of experience in working with a nonprofit organization or an organization with fund accounting.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and QuickBooks software
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with principal investigators, support personnel and management.
Benefits: 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Disability.
Physical Requirements: None
Title of the person to whom this position reports: Executive Director
The incumbent shall work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The incumbent shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors, vendors and customers.
If interested, please reply to: Margaret.Bradley5@va.gov