Community Job Postings
Family Housing Resources Inc.
Family Housing Resources Inc. is seeking a Finance Manager for its Tucson office. The company consists of a corporate division and three apartment communities, which are subsidiaries of FHR.
The Finance Manager will have the responsibility of overseeing and coordinating all the accounting functions of FHR Corporation and residential entities, creating accurate and timely financial reports, and ensuring that the financial records are maintained in accordance with generally accounting principles (GAAP). Will supervise and direct activities of finance staff.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, including prepaids and accruals, for the corporate entity and three apartment communities
- General Ledger analysis and reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements for internal and external use
- Preparation of annual budget and monthly reporting on budget variances
- Preparation of specialized reports for funding agencies
- Assist community managers with questions regarding invoice coding, budgeting, accounting policies and procedures
- Bank reconciliations
- Post fixed assets to software to enable the auditors to calculate depreciation.
- Work with auditors to produce timely and accurate company audits
- Process payroll and submit to Paychex
- Post payroll journal entries to the general ledger
- Renew property and liability insurance annually, including analyzing alternate providers
Note: While the parent company is a non-profit, traditional for-profit accounting systems are used. Fund accounting is not used at this time.
- BBA/BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting/finance.
- Two years of experience supervising and directing work activities of others.
- Must possess well-developed financial skills in the areas of financial analyses, budgeting and reporting.
- Must have excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Experience in Yardi software is a plus.
- Experience in non-profits and/or property management is a plus.
FHR provides a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, STD, LTD and 403(b) with match.
Please email your resume and cover letter through this job website. Phone calls will not be accepted.
In order to be considered, your cover letter MUST include:
- A summary of why you are interested in this position
- Your salary requirements
- When you are available to start
FHR is a nonprofit whose mission is to assist low to moderate income individuals and families obtain decent, affordable housing.
More information on FHR can be found at www.familyhousingresources.com.
Southern Arizona Land Trust
Responsible for daily accounting duties, budgets, financial reporting (including grants), cash management, human resources and some management of personnel. Minimum of two years experience required, with an accounting degree, CPA designation preferred but not required. Must be technologically inclined and possess a high level of skill in various software applications such as Excel, Word, Access, etc. Property Management experience a plus.
Jeff Singleton – Executive Director
Southern Arizona Land Trust (SALT)
3044 North Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85712
Arizona Land and Water Trust
Supervisor: Executive Director
The Arizona Land and Water Trust is a nonprofit organization committed to protecting Southern Arizona’s vanishing western landscapes, its heritage of working farms and ranches, wildlife habitat and the water resources that sustain them. Since 1978, we have protected over 48,000 acres.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the Trust’s development program. The Coordinator will: 1) assist the Executive Director and other senior development staff in managing the annual giving program, major donor program, foundation program and corporate giving program, 2) coordinate annual appeals, annual report and other bulk mailings, and 3) organize donor field trips and other Trust events. The Coordinator will also assist with staffing the Philanthropy Committee of the Board of Directors. The Coordinator provides substantial support to the Executive Director, senior development staff, and Board of Directors with a wide variety of development work. The Coordinator may also supervise interns and volunteers.
- Assist with managing the annual giving program, including membership recruitment and retention, and monthly giving.
- Assist with managing the major donor program, including donor research and give support to the Executive Director, senior development staff, and Board of Directors in soliciting gifts and thanking donors.
- Assist with capital campaigns including donor research and providing support to the Executive Director and senior development staff, campaign chair and Board members.
- Assist with managing the foundation giving program, including foundation research, proposal development, reporting and evaluation.
- Develop a corporate giving program, including research, proposal development, reporting and evaluation.
- Manage donor and other mailings (print and electronic) including appeals, annual reports, invitations to Trust events, and other communications as needed.
- Plan, execute and evaluate development events including house parties, donor field trips, and our annual Saguaro Circle event.
- Manage social media (Facebook, Instagram)
- Serve as liaison to the Philanthropy Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Assist the chair in developing agendas, creating and publishing minutes, and providing data and information to the committee as necessary.
- Establish and maintain the annual development calendar to track and meet all development deadlines.
- Supervise volunteers and interns as appropriate.
- Assist Executive Director with administrative tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Communications, Marketing or similar.
- Two to three years’ experience in nonprofits preferred, fund development work, including annual giving, major donor giving and foundation giving a plus.
- Superior organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with database management, donor software and research a plus.
- Ability to work well with senior executives and leadership volunteers.
Position open until filled.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to:
Arizona Land and Water Trust
3127 N. Cherry Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85719
The Development Coordinator is full-time, exempt, position (40 hours/week).
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Arizona Land and Water Trust is an EEOC employer.
The Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona
Apply today to join our team
Click here for the full job description: https://www.womengiving.org/hiring-join-team/