Community Job Postings
PIMA COUNCIL ON AGING
Title: Cash Receipts/General Ledger Specialist
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Purpose: Duties include cash receipts processing, bank and investment account reconciliations, month end journal entries, and GL account reconciliations for both PCOA and PimaCare at Home. In addition, duties include preparation of the payroll for PimaCare at Home, and assistance with billings for PCOA.
1. Process cash receipts through posting to the general ledger.
2. Perform bank and investment account reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations.
3. Prepare month end journal entries.
4. Responsible for assistance with the preparation of PCOA government and contract billings.
5. Process payroll for PimaCare at Home, including all payroll tax and benefits processing and reporting
6. Act as payroll back-up for PCOA, when needed.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Understanding of accounting practices/principles
2. Understanding of financial record keeping processes
3. Department of Labor and other payroll processing laws, regulations and rules
4. Computer accounting system and Excel proficiency
5. Proficient verbal and written communications skills
6. Ability to effectively plan, prioritize and organize multiple job tasks
• Three to five years of experience in a financial environment performing a variety of accounting functions.
• Experience with accounting software, and MS Office with proficiency in Excel.
• Successful fingerprint clearance
• Current valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Human Resources Manager
Pima Council on Aging &
PimaCare at Home
8467 E. Broadway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85710
Direct Line: 520.305.3406
Main Office: 520.790.0504